Thursday, June 29, 2006
I survived.
Yesterday I had my Moh's procedure. I'm so glad that hubby was with me, because truth be told, I was pretty darned nervous. Luckily for me, they didn't have to cut much at all, so the area is pretty small. Because it is on my face, and its specific location on the side of my nose, my best option for "healing" was a skin graft. Again - not a big deal, but it made me rather nervous. So I have stitches on my nose where the graft was done, and more stitches on my ear - the donor site. Luckily the bandages are a nice neutral color, so they don't clash with my shoes and bag.

Considering everything, the whole thing involved very little pain. The shots to numb the area were the worst of it. Today I feel like I've been punched in the face. Just sore with an occasional stab of pain. I feel really lucky though. I had a really good surgeon who I trust, my sweetie was there with me, and there are no ongoing health issues involved.

The bad part was that I brought my crochet, and wasn't able to do any!!! Here I thought I would get some work done. I don't know what I was thinking. When I got home I took a sleeping pill and was pretty much out for the count.

I'm not allowed to exercise or do anything strenuous for the next week, so I think I'll take full advantage and be a real lady of leisure. Looks like a lot of crochet time for the long holiday weekend.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Luckily the bandages are a nice neutral color, so they don't clash with my shoes and bag."

What, they didn't have pink?
:D

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.

Blogger @Leslie said...

Glad the procedure went smoothly!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG