Thursday, August 03, 2006
Welcome Jerry Bear!!!



He's here! He's finally here! And he was worth the wait. A few months ago I started to make Jerry Bear. I'm making it for my niece - have I mentioned that she's pregnant? Anyway, I started a bear using the same pattern as I did for my Lulu. This time I used the Bernat LuLu yarn that the pattern calls for. It's soft and huggable and beautiful, but not so easy to work with. The body went well. The colors swirled like a pastel tie dye pattern - thus the name Jerry Bear (as in Jerry Garcia).

I had a heck of a time with the arms, legs and ears. The yarn is soft and fuzzy, and it's difficult to see my stitches. I kept dropping stitches or adding stitches, and the arms and legs were not as forgiving as the body. I got very very frustrated, and really wondered if I would ever get it done.

So for a few months Jerry sat on the shelf. Adorable, but a bearaplegic (no disrespect intended). Finally, yesterday I decided it was time to conquer the legs. This time I got smart and charted out the pattern row by row. I counted and marked and checked myself, and while I'm sure there are some mistakes, I got him done.

I love him! He's soft and cuddly and I hope my little Great-niece or nephew love him!!!


3 Comments:

Blogger Zoanna said...

He is aDORable! His "gestation" sounded so similar to a human pregnancy, really! A long wait, and when the arms and legs have grown, "not so forgiving" to the mommy who feels sometimes a hard kick as opposed to just a torso. And "bearaplegic"? How clever.) Jerry Bear is gonna be a favorite. Wouldn't surprise me if he falls apart at the seams in 15 years.

Blogger Wormie said...

Thanks Zoanna!
It never occured to me that he had a gestation period, but how funny that the arms and legs were the "painful" part of his develpment! LOL

Blogger Ghost said...

He is so adorable

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG