Saturday, December 09, 2006
Wips

I'm doing a lot of crochet, but since some things are for holiday gifts, I can't post them here.

The photo above is a scarf that I am making to donate to the Red Scarf project for kids that grew up in foster homes. I'm working it in Tunisian crochet, and I love the way it's coming out. The yarn mixes so many colors - red black, blue, purple white, gold and grey and the way it's "striping" for the scarf is really nice! I got this yarn a while back in a clearance bin at Michael's. Don't remember what it is, but it's soft and warm. It's a sport weight yarn, so the tunisian style makes it light weight but very warm - lots of air between the stitches to capture heat.

Still working on the ripple afghans. It's taking longer than I would like - I usually do one project at a time, but it's going to be nice!!!

I finished one holiday gift project and am working on another.

I just promised my friend's two little boys that I would make them both hats - that should be fun - they're little guys!


1 Comments:

Blogger Wormie said...

Thanks, Wendy!
If you know what kind of yarn it is, please let me know. I don't have any of the wrappers and I have no idea who makes it or what it's called. :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG