Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Putting the Pieces Together
Crochet is my hobby love. It relaxes me, but for a very very long time now I've wanted to try mosaics. I have some books, but it always sort of intimidated me.

Then my friend Bree posted some images of things that she has made with mosaic, and it sort of rekindled the desire. So... over the weekend I went to AC Moore and Home Depot and bought some glass and some grout and some glue, and yesterday I played.

Well, I'm not quite there yet - these pieces need a LOT of clean-up, and I think my design skills weren't at their peak, but these were learning projects for me and it was a lot of fun.

Bree insists that cleaning up the projects is half the fun - that's yet to be seen because I have a lot of cleaning to do, but it was fun to play with these.


1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

I LOVE IT. I THINK YOU DID GREAT FOR YOUR FIRST TIME. I'VE WANTED TO TRY DOING THIS TO BUT STILL DON'T HAVE THE COURAGE YET. MAYBE ONE DAY.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG