Thursday, July 19, 2007
Chemo Caps
I first began crocheting for charity when a dear friend of mine was being treated for a brain tumor. I didn't know how to help, so I started sending chemo caps to the hospital where he was being treated. I've been sending things to Roswell Park Cancer Center ever since. They're a very large institute with many patients and a large pediatric ward, and it makes me feel good to send things there.

Today I heard that after a few years in remission, my friend's tumor is back and he'll be going back for some strong chemo treatments. I'm beyond sad for him, and I don't know what to do.

I've met so many wonderful charitable crafters on-line, so I wanted to put out a request for chemo caps. I know my friend would be thrilled to see all the kids in the ped's dept wearing new caps.

If you would like to join me in sending things to Roswell Park, the address for donations is:

Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Volunteer Services - Room 120
Elm and Carlton Streets ·
Buffalo, New York · 14263

If you don't send to Roswell, please consider sending hats or lapghans to your local cancer hospital.


1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Of all the "free" crochet hat pattern blogs, yours has touched me the most. It is probably because I do the same thing, crochet hats for chemo patients. Thank you for all your hard and heartfelt work and kindness! Visit my blog if you would like, would love new visitors! http://hatsfromtheheartmyjourneyjournals.blogspot.com/ <3 Rita

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG