Sunday, July 15, 2007
Hip to be Square




I finally found the time to join my squares! I think this lap-ghan is cheerful! Together with the matching chemo cap, it will be going to Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo, NY.


There are so many great places to donate, and it's hard to support everyone. Lately, I seem to be dividing my energies between Roswell Park, Project Rest Assured and Marine Corps Kids.


Roswell Park is a huge cancer center in upstate NY. A dear friend of mine was treated there, so it is a place that will always be close in my heart. I've never been to Buffalo, but I hear great things about Roswell, and I'm glad to be able to support the patients in this tiny way.


Project Rest Assured is an effort that I heard about a few months ago. It is a charity group that donates afghans to children in foster care in the Cleveland area. It is run by a wonderful woman who has worked with foster care kids. She is doing remarkable things. Many of the kids who receive blankets are in a special home for severely autistic children.



Finally Operation Marine Corps Kids is a charity that I started with my dear friend Deb. If you've read my blog you know that we are sending hand-crafted baby gifts to children who are born while their daddy's are deployed.


I try to support other groups as I can, but these three efforts seem to have wormed their way into my heart.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful work!

Blogger Kelly said...

Pretty blanket! and I love the hat.

Blogger Jessica said...

I LOVE THAT!!! Too cute!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG