Friday, November 23, 2007
Connor's Blanket - Take 2

I posted a week ago about a name blanket I was making for my Landlord / ladie's son Connor. Tonight I finally finished it, and I'm pleased with how it came out. I used Crochet Kim's great pattern.


I've made this twice in the past, and both times had a bit of difficulty with the heart border. This time the whole thing worked up easily. It's amazing how a little more experience helps!

For some reason, though, my original center panel was way too small. I e-mailed Kim and she told me that it would probably work, but I decided to go ahead and make a new name panel in reverse colors. For some reason the cream color yarn seems heavier, and using the same size hook, the panel came out much larger.







I'm not sure if I prefer it with the same background color all the way through, or with the contrast color in this blanket. I did use a combination of the two color in the border, which I think finishes the blanket nicely.

I hope Connor and his parents like this blanket!
As for the green name panel, I have a friend in Texas with a baby named Connor. I was going to make another blanket for him, but she said she would like a wall hanging for his room. I'm going to try and think of some way to make this decorative and possibly useful, too.


4 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

I LOVE THE BABY BLANKET. HOPE ALL IS GOING WELL FOR YOU.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so LOVELY! Thank you for sharing the pattern! I am saving this to my favorites, for future reference.

One question though, did you find crocheting from a graph, and changing the colors difficult at first? Just wondering.

Regards,

Crochet Mom

Blogger Wormie said...

Thanks, Crochet Mom.

Working from the graph didn't take long to get used to. What I did was print it out and number the rows and columns to help me keep track of where I was. That helped a lot. That way you have guide lines and can tell yourself "do 5 stitches in white, then change to green for 3". It's easy enough to get the hang of.

Good luck!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your reply wormie. I will save this to my favorites for future reference, along with your tips.

Thank you for your kind reply.

Kind regards,

Crochet Mom

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG