Sunday, February 17, 2008
For Ada

Last week my boss became a Grandma for the first time.

I love crocheting, and for the first time in a long time I love my job, so it's really nice to be able to crochet a baby gift to give to my boss for her new granddaughter.

I used my Edgerydoo to make a fleece blanket made from the cutest bathing duckie fabric. Then I made a little dress with matching hat and booties.

The dress was made from Marilyn's Bubble Suit / Preemie Dress pattern. I added 8 stitches to my starting chain and used a G hook to make this sized for a newborn instead of a preemie. The booties were made from Annie's Attic Fancy Footwear pattern. I modified the sock part to be shorter, and had to play with the sole stitch count, I think there might be a mistake in the pattern. These are cute and easy booties though, and I like the pattern. If you use it, you may need to look at the stitch count for the soles and make sure the two sides match. The hat I just made up as I went.

I think this is a cute set, and I hope Little Ada can use it!


2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

I love that little dress and the romper too. I've made quite a few of them. I like the colors you used, she will look adorable.

Blogger Kathy said...

WHEN I SAW THE DRESS I THOUGHT THAT LOOKS LIKE THE PREEMIE DRESS I MAKE. TURNS OUT IT WAS. I JUST LOVE THAT PATTERN. I JUST HATE WHAT MINE ARE USED FOR.
AS ALWAYS EVERYTHING LOOKS GREAT. I WAS GETTING READY TO START WORRING ABORT YOU. GLAD YOUR ALRIGHT.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG