Sunday, June 15, 2008
Cotton Cuteness

With all the craziness lately, I haven't had time to crochet at all!

Yesterday, I left work early so hubby and I could drive up for our nephews graduation party. We missed the ceremony last week because of the floods, so we really wanted to make it for the party. Of course as we hit the highway, the skies once again opened up, and we had to drive through some nasty storms.

Eventually it calmed down, and I was able to concentrate on some crochet. Long car rides are perfect! I was able to finish this little cotton set in under 4 hours.

I used this pattern from the Kollegiate Hooker. I made a mistake somewhere on the front - my sweater overlaps a bit, but I straightened the edge as I went, moved the buttons down to mid-chest and it really came out cute. I love the way the designer worked the yoke of this sweater and created the arm holes. It was very simple and created neater underarm seams than some other patterns I've used. I also improvised on the sleeves just a bit to avoid having to sew any seams. I followed the designers pattern, but worked in the round to eliminate the need for sewing. I'll definitely be using this pattern again!

I didn't follow her pattern for the cap, but used her basic stitches to make a coordinating sun hat.

I'll be donating this set to Marine Corps Kids.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable set. Great job! :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG