Friday, December 19, 2008
Chemo Caps



My dad had his surgery yesterday, and thankfully it seems like everything went well! He'll be in the hospital for a week or so, but he is doing as well as we could have hoped for. With any luck all the tests will come back with good results and this will all be behind us.




The surgery did take longer than we expected, and sitting in the surgical waiting room for a full day is a nerve racking experience. Of course I brought yarn to help pass the time. I was very nervous, but I managed to make six chemo caps while I waited.




Today I took them to the nurse's station on one of the oncology floors in the hospital. I hope that some of the patients there might like them.




5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the variety.

What a beautiful thing to do even with your mind on your fathers health. We are sending well wishes your way. = )

Blogger Jessica said...

Glad your Dad's surgery went well. We will be thinking of him and your family. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Blogger RecycleCindy said...

Your chemo caps are so cute. It is so wonderful that people like you make them for cancer patients. Having been through chemo myself, I was so thankful for the donated caps and scarves that I was able to have when I didn't have any hair. Having pretty hats does lift our spirits and it's because of people like you who care that we are able to have them available.

Blogger Marifetane hobi said...

how are you friend..your knitt very nice..good day

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG