Sunday, January 18, 2009
A gift for me!!!


This week I received a wonderful gift!

Marlene and Byron, the creators of Edgerydoo, sent me an Edgerydoo 002 template! If you've followed my blog at all, you know I'm a big fan of the Edgerydoo.

Edgerydoo 002 is a template similar to the original, but it's made with the holes closer together to use with thinner yarns or thread on flannel or other fabrics. Marlene thought the smaller template might work well with my new jacket design, and that I might have fun trying it on flannel or other fabrics. Of course I was delighted!

So today, I used the smaller template to pierce some fleece for another jacket. With all the yarn in my stash, you think I would have had something on hand, but I had to go out and buy a thin yarn that would work with this crazy leopard pattern. I found this yellow and orange Sassy Stripe from Cascade Yarns that matches the fleece perfectly!

Marlene was right! With the holes closer together, the side seams on the jacket are tighter and look more neat.

I used a 1.75 mm hook throughout. This project took somewhat longer to make than the first 2 jackets I completed. With the holes closer together, there are more stitches involved, and working with this tiny hook demands more care. I love the look of the smaller tighter stitches, and think this jacket came out really cute.

The crazy leopard design won't appeal to everyone - it doesn't scream out "baby", but it's cute in it's own way. I'm going to send this one to Marine Corps Kids, and hope that one of the mom's likes this for her baby girl.

Thank you Marlene and Byron! You know that I love Edgerydoo, and I'm going to have a lot of fun playing with Edgerydoo 002!!


3 Comments:

Blogger JCDiTaranto said...

That jacket is adorable, and I think the colors really are great for a baby! You've come up with a super idea!

That is adorable - I love that print! Cool new tool- glad you are able to put it to good use!

Blogger Treasure Ann said...

Very nice gift, I'm happy for you.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG