Monday, February 09, 2009
My Broomstick
Wanting to play with Broomstick Lace, I went out today and bought the fattest knitting needle I could find and some variegated yarn.

This technique is fun, but slow going. I'm generally one for instant gratification, and this project isn't going to be done anytime soon. Perhaps the name Broomstick is appropriate, because I might turn into a witch by the time I'm done!

I completed 3 rows tonight. Once I got into a groove, I did find the process sort of relaxing. It requires more attention than traditional crochet, so it will be a slow go, but it's kind of fun, and I do like the way the pattern looks!

My initial idea was to make a baby blanket. I think that might have worked if I used a tighter pattern, but this is too open for tiny fingers. It could make a lovely summer wrap though - which is good, because I might not be able to finish it before summer is here.

It is fun to break out of my comfort zone and try some new techniques. Hopefully it will result in a pretty wrap.


3 Comments:

Blogger Anabelle said...

its very beautiful! I love it.

I've been working on an easter dress for my daughter that has taken me soooo long.. the bottom part of the dress is a very fine lacy picot/shells type of stitching and boy oh boy is it alot of work!

I finished the skirt last night though.. woo hoo! On to the finish work now :)

Blogger moonie said...

Hi! I so want to follow your blogs but I can't find the link to do it! I'm Loving the projects your working on!

Blogger Wormie said...

Thanks Anabelle and Moonie!

Moonie - my friends made me a lovely blog design, and I'm not sure how to add the blogger follow button. I use google reader. Thanks for the nice comments!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG