Sunday, February 22, 2009
UFOs*
I haven't blogged much in recent days, but it's not because I'm not crafting - more like I'm not finishing anything! I generally keep my WIP to one project, but I have several things in the work right now.

I'm still working on my broomstick lace. It's slow going, but I've gotten into a rhythm with it. I think it's too open for a baby blanket - don't want tiny fingers and toes to get tangled. Some friends have told me it's ok, but it isn't wide enough for a baby blanket - I think I'm locked into making a shawl. That's going to take some time. I'm going to be attending a wedding this Spring - maybe I can finish it in time for that.... maybe not.

I also started working on a woven crochet baby blanket. The photo isn't true to the colors. It's an unusual shade of purple green and a sort of mango color. Not traditional baby colors and perhaps an odd combination, but I like it. This is the basic "mesh", and then I'll weave through it to create a more plaid like pattern. Not sure yet if I'm going to just weave or SC through it, but I'll figure it out.



I packed a few boxes up for Marine Corps Kids over the weekend. I was able to include a great assortment of donated items, but didn't have any of my own work to include, so I took a break to make this little jacket. I'm just about done with a matching cap. I'll add them to the box tonight and get them in the mail tomorrow. ( Check out the Marine Corps Kids site to see all the great items that others have sent - we do get some fabulous donations!)


A few weeks ago my synagogue started a Sunday morning crafters group. We meet at the local coffee shop and work on our projects. There are some wonderful ladies involved. A few of us are crocheters, but most of the ladies knit. My new friend Erna helped me cast on and do some simple knit stitches this morning. The basic stitch I can do, but I'm sure I won't remember how to cast on, and I seem to have real problems holding the yarn properly so that the work flows. I'll keep practicing - hopefully next week we can purl stitch, and by this time next year - who knows - maybe I'll be knitting and crocheting? I think that I'm a hooker by nature, but I would really love to be able to knit too!! This photo is horrible, but it's proof that I'm starting!

So that's what I've been up to. It's been fun!

* in craft-speak UFP = Unfinished Objects


1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

LOVE IT ALL. I JUST STARTED LEARNING HOW TO KNIT, LIKE YOU I THINK I'LL BE BEST AT CROCHET. IT FELT ALL WRONG AT FIRST FOR ME TO BUT AFTER MAKING 3 SMALL THINGS IT FEELS BETTER. I HOLD MY YARN IN MY LEFT HAND LIKE I DO WHEN I CROCHET. IT YOU GO TO CROCHET PATTERN CENTRAL AND CLICK ON KNITTING PATTERN CENTRAL IT HAS A PLACE THAT HAS VIDEO'S ON HOW TO KNIT. THAT'S HOW I'M LEARNING.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG