Saturday, May 23, 2009
For Rory
This Barbie blanket is for the daughter of an on-line friend who is in the army and on her way to Iraq.

I make gifts all the time for the newborn babies of deployed Marines and Soldiers. I've never met this little girl - or her mom for that matter - but they're not strangers. I remember when this little girl was born. I've enjoyed hearing stories about her.

So while her mom is serving abroad, I hope she'll enjoy this blanket. I hope that when she snuggles up with it, it will feel like a hug from her mom.

The fleece blanket is edged with Soft Pink and Orchid Caron Simply Soft. I trimmed the blanket with a a round of SC, then used the pattern from the Bernat's Sweet Baby Blanket to give it a pretty ruffled-shell edging.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG