Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Cable Baby Blanket



Recently I posted that I was learning to crochet cables. I used this pattern at About.com to learn the basic technique.

I like making the cables! One you get a knack for it, it's not at all complicated. It's repetitive enough that I don't have to count or "think too hard", but varied enough that I don't get bored.


I don't, however, enjoy joining squares, and the thought of making enough cabled squares to create even the smallest baby blanket turned my stomach. So.... I used the basic techniques that I learned to make this 5-cable baby blanket. I'm really pleased with the result! I just love the look, and look forward to making more cabled projects.


4 Comments:

Blogger JCDiTaranto said...

That looks great! Very inspiring -- I'm thinking socks!

Blogger Jessica said...

That is a very beautiful blanket! Way to go!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the look of your cables. Where did you get the pattern?

Blogger Ghost said...

Very impressive. Who says you can't crochet? I will beat them up for you.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG