Sunday, September 06, 2009
Purple Iris

This is a scarf that I wove on the heddle loom.

For the warp I used Patons Grace yarn in shades of purple, blue and cream - all the colors of iris. For the weft I used Knit Picks Crayon in purple - lest the name Purple Iris.

This project is far from perfect, but its my first project where I didn't make any mistakes warping the loom! I don't think I miswove anything on the weft, but my spacing still needs some work.

I thought it would be fun to add some beads to the fringe. I found some very pretty purple beads wrapped in wire. They're probably just glass, but I thought that they were very fun so I added them to the ends of some of the fringes.

I have a lot of work to do before I can say that I've "mastered" the loom, but this is the first project that has no really obvious mistakes.

I'll be sending this one to my sister.


3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful! She will love it. :-)

Blogger Sandy said...

Looks soft and yummy, but I've no glue what h...loom is. You should show us a photograph of it. Do you enjoy using it more or less than crocheting?

Hope things are going well for you, swing by for a visit.

Sandy

Blogger Jessica said...

very pretty scarf!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG