Thursday, October 08, 2009
Strawberries and Cream

This tiny blanket was "interesting" to make.

The yarn is very textured and stuck to itself, so it was challenging to work with. This blanket has more visible mistakes than any woven project I've made yet, and that annoys me to no end. I almost quit in the middle, but that would make me a quitter.

I finished it, and am glad that I did. Despite the mistakes in the weave, this is the softest blanket I've made. The fabric drapes beautifully and is very silky.

It's machine washable and really "appropriate" for a baby. The mistakes really bother me, but what makes this yarn so hard to work with, also helps to hide the errors. Hubby thinks that this is too soft and sweet to not belong to a baby, so I'm going to donate it to Marine Corps Kids and hope that the baby who receives it enjoys the softness.


1 Comments:

Blogger ...tom... said...

...

I almost quit in the middle, but that would make me a quitter.

Uhmmm ...yeah. ...smalllol...


Your recent woven articles look wonderful. The minuscule flaws are only apparent to you. I am sure Michelangelo thought he screwed up that ceiling job a time or two also.


...tom...
' who is too lazy to change his signin... '

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG