Wednesday, December 02, 2009
3 color woven "houndstooth"
Today is a gray and rainy day, and I'm having trouble doing anything productive. I didn't sleep well last night, and today I'm just dragging! I did manage to start another project on the loom, but I'm not making much progress with the weaving.

I warped up another houndstooth scarf so I could start the two colors from opposite sides. After warping cream and black, I realized that I didn't have enough black left for the weft. I had the same yarn in gold, so I started a 3-color scarf. This of course means that it's not a houndstooth, but it's an interesting pattern.

Working the gold and cream from opposite sides is working well. The two sides of the scarf match better and the edges look more balanced. I think I'll like this scarf when it's finally completed. I just need to find the energy to complete it.


2 Comments:

Blogger Ghost said...

Wow you set these up so quickly. You are really good at this. I love the color choices on this one. Do you have book of instructions and where did you get the loom. Was it expensive.

Blogger Ghost said...

Thanks for answering my questions. I can tell that you enjoy it. It shows in your work.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG