Saturday, December 05, 2009
The camera
doesn't do justice to the fibers.

Since I've started weaving, I look at yarn in a whole new way. I'm more aware of the subtle textures and the richness of the colors. I love the way different yarns combine to create new color and texture patterns. I'm truly becoming a yarnie.

I hate that my camera doesn't capture the beauty of the yarns. This is a photo of my current WIP. It's a small houndstooth using rich chenille in chocolate brown and a magnificent rich green. The colors combine beautifully to create a luscious and soft draping fabric, but the photo doesn't even hint at the beauty of the piece.

I'm looking forward to finishing this one and removing it from the loom. I think I'm going to love the finished scarf.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG