Monday, January 25, 2010
Garden Wall

This scarf was woven for a dear friend of mine who is having a birthday next week (and who I don't think reads my blog or she won't be surprised to receive this).

I wove is using a gorgeous recycled sari silk yarn from Mango Moon for the weft and Plymouth Yarn Royal Llama Linen (40% fine Llama, 35% silk, 25% linen) for the warp.

I love this scarf! The sheen of the green silk reminds me of rich moss growing on a stone garden wall.

The silk was lovely to work with, but the weaving was not without problems. For the first time in my short weaving history, I had a warp thread break, and I wasn't sure how to fix it. I was able to patch in a piece of yarn (not the ideal method I later learned), but the repair isn't visible in the finished piece.

I hope my friend will like this scarf and wear it often.


3 Comments:

Blogger Ghost said...

Is this the one with the twisted fringe? I like it too. It almost looks like real moss.

Anonymous Obama said...

The scarf looks very good..did you mean it is from a silk Saree?how did you make it really?

Blogger Wormie said...

the yarn is made from recycled silk from saris and sarongs. I don't know how it is made, but it is lovely.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG