Thursday, May 20, 2010
Sad News

Those of you who have followed the Marine Corps Kids blog will be familiar with the name Gailya and the beautiful quilts that she has made and donated to Marine Corps Kids. Gailya has been one of our most prolific donors making many dozens of gorgeous quilts for the babies.

Recently Gailya underwent some very serious surgery, and her prognosis is not good. Marine Corps Kids will be losing a wonderful donor, and I am losing a beloved friend.

Through our work with Marine Corps Kids, Gailya and I have become dear friends. I can honestly say that I have come to love Gailya, and that knowing her has enriched my life. Her enormous spirit and her unbelievable generosity are qualities that I would like to emulate. She is truly a remarkable woman.

I hope that all the babies that received one of Gailya's quilts will feel a bit of her glorious spirit, and that the love that she put into her quilting will touch all the Marine Corps families that received her gifts.

Gailya, thank you - for your generous donations to Marine Corps Kids, but mostly for being my friend. I love you.


3 Comments:

Blogger Ghost said...

such a nice tribute to a friend.

Blogger Ghost said...

such a nice tribute to a friend.

Anonymous Airenchan said...

Hi, Just bump into your blog site. Sorry to hear about your friend. I also read that you will asking about amigurumi. It mean crochet or knit and stuffed toys in Japanese. Not an ancient art like origami or karigami.
You have made two amigurumi youself.
The purple cat and Lulu the bear.
I'm also a crochet addict, made a lot of amigurumis and small wearable projects too. Am also crocheting granny squares for the "wrap with love". Bless you.

Kind Regards
Airenchan

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG