Monday, June 20, 2011
Next project

Part of my motivation for finishing my chenille scarf (which I really like!) was that I've bought yarn for several new projects that I can't wait to work with.

Two years ago I wove a shawl using Ester Bitran Canela in bronze and peach. The yarn wove so beautifully, and I really loved working with it! It made a very fluid light-weight fabric that draped wonderfully! I've wanted to work with the yarn more, so when I saw it on the clearance rack at In a Yarn Basket I grabbed the last 3 skeins which were in the green/pink color scheme.

About two years ago I wove some nursing shawls. My niece told me that she would like one if and when she had her second child. Well, daughter number 2 is due next week! I'm not sure I'll have this shawl done before the birth, but I'd like to get it to them as soon as possible.

I can't wait to see how the colors face up when the yarn is woven into fabric. Hopefully I'll be able to post a photo of it soon!


1 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

Beautiful colors together and what a bonus getting it on clearance. Don't you love it when that happens!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG