Thursday, August 11, 2011
Yummy Yarn!!!

Look what I bought today at In a Yarn Basket!!!

This gorgeous yarn is Rick Rack by Interlacements. It is a hand-dyed rayon made right here in America. This color combo is called Oceans, and it is a lovely mix of shades of blue and green.

1200 yards for $37. $37 seems expensive, but this is 1200 yards!! That's under $0.04 per yard!!! The wound skein in the photo is 7 inches across by 4 inches tall. This is a LOT of yarn! It looks like a blue birthday cake!

I think this yarn will be perfect to weave for my nephews tallis (prayer shawl). I don't need it for 2 years, but nothing wrong with being a bit early. I have several other projects cued up to weave, so I won't get to this immediately, but I'll post pics when I start working with it. I think its going to be awesome!


2 Comments:

Blogger CrochetnQuilt said...

Oh my goodness. I love the colors in this yarn! I can't wait to see the tallis.

Anonymous Karen I. said...

This beautiful yarn is perfect for the tallit and I can't wait to see the steps along the way.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG