Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Pretty cute, if I may say so myself!



After years of crochet, during the last 2 years I sort of switched my focus to weaving and knitting. Nothing like a really fun project to remind me why I fell in love with crochet in the first place. Knitting is definitely better for some things, but I love the cute animals that I created in crochet for this project.

This blanket is for my friend's expected nephew. When I heard that they were planning a Noah's Ark theme, I found a cute pattern and just had to buy it. This is how it turned out. I followed the pattern pretty exactly, but used my own color combinations. I added the little lion, using fun fur for the mane. I wasn't in love with the turtle in the pattern, so I improvised the cute sea horse instead. Then I made a cute matching cap and decorated that with a little lion of its own.

Just finished it tonight, and I must say I'm rather pleased with the results. Hope the little guy likes it when he arrives this summer!


6 Comments:

Blogger CrochetnQuilt said...

Very Cute!

Blogger Bree said...

Delia! This is adorable! I especially love the lion's mane & the sea horse.

Anonymous Sandy said...

The best ever. I've seen so many of your projects over the last couple of years, but this truly tops them all. Well done, very very cute. What pattern is this?

Blogger Wormie said...

Thanks, Sandy! I purchased the pattern online. You can find it on Ravelry, or if you google for Noah's Ark Baby Blanket. It was fun to make!

Anonymous Sandy said...

Making rounds today from my newest blog, Flat Stanley and Friends. Wanted to invite you over for a look see. And since you're a Mom etc, thought you might be able to share stories or pictures of a Flat Stanley adventure.

He needs some help getting started, with visitors, comments, followers, and sharing stories.

Blogger Katie B said...

Adorable! Nice job!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG